Monday, March 1, 2010

Halfway Done

I painted half the kitchen this weekend.  I LOVE how it turned out!! It's VERY pale but a great contrast to the tile.  Plus the kitchen already looks cheerier.

I also enlisted the boys to do a hutch swap.  I had a larger hutch down in the basement in my scrapbooking area that I used as a bookshelf.  The hutch we had in the kitchen was smaller.  I had them drag the larger hutch upstairs and put the smaller one downstairs (I have yet to reload the smaller one with my scrapbooks and other books).  I now have more storage for my tablecloths and "entertaining" dishes.  Plus all my cookbooks fit on the second shelf and I was able to take the bookshelf out of the kitchen opening up more space.  Yay!

I need to get the rest done this week.  There's a lot going on next weekend:  someone is having a birthday, I'm getting my hair done, and I am jumping into the freezing waters of Candlewood Lake in a "Penguin Plunge" to raise money for Special Olympics of Connecticut.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it when it's done !!!!! make sure you post pix !

    ReplyDelete